The officers and the board are continuing to work hard to make this a great virtual SLC. We know we had some students who were unable to test prior spring break and school closures. In an effort to ensure all students have the opportunity to compete, students who still need to test are able to test from home. To continue to preserve the integrity of the events, we are requesting your previously assigned proctor to sign them in (virtually), and they will have the same 60 min time limit. If you have question about proctoring these tests, please let me know. The officers have put together a short video that we will be sharing on social media, but we would also like for you to share it with your students https://youtu.be/yhNjgJ8DDgw.
A few important housekeeping items:
- For any event that utilized online testing, those scores will be what is used as the qualifier for ILC.
- Events with Tallo uploads, please make sure to check the competitive event sheet (attached), as a couple events are requiring additional documents to be uploaded.
- The deadline for completing all testing and Tallo submissions is April 22.
- We will still have Garrett Lee do a virtual keynote address, and we will do a virtual awards session. We will be in touch with specific times and access information as the event approaches
- We will not be selling t-shirts, but we will still have pins available for purchase at $1.50 each
- We are no longer able to offer Extemp Health Poster for SLC this year
Please let me know if your chapter still plans to participate in the virtual SLC. If any students need to make changes to their events please notify me by April 15. The registration cost for the virtual SLC is $10 per person. There must be at least one advisor per registered chapter. The cost of the virtual SLC includes access to the keynote, awards session, competition, and a conference pin.
If you have any questions, or concerns please let us know.